News & Events
All Scientific and Stuff: Die-t Soft Drink Alert
2013 Term Dates
- Commences Monday January 14th, 2013 - Ends Saturday March 10th, 2013
- Commences Monday March 12th, 2012 - Ends Saturday May 4th, 2013
- Commences Monday May 6th, 2013 - Ends Saturday June 29th, 2013
- Commences Monday July 1st , 2013 - Ends Saturday August 24th, 2013
- Commences Monday August 26th, 2013 - Ends Saturday October 19th, 2013
- Commences Monday, October 21st, 2013 - Ends Saturday December 15th, 2013
- Super Early Bonus of 2 weeks Free closes 1 Day Before These Commencement Dates.
- 1 week Free Bonus closes 6 days after These Commencement Dates
- No Pro-Rata Enrolments accepted, if you are unable to attend a full term, casual pass packs are available
All Scientific and Stuff: Encouraging exercise may help teens quit smoking
Research in young adults has suggested that exercise may help smokers quit, perhaps by easing withdrawal symptoms or taking the edge off cigarette cravings. The study, reported in the journal Pediatrics, looked at the effects of adding exercise advice to a teen-focused smoking cessation program.
All Scientific and Stuff: Put down the smokes, Lift up your Life Quality
Okay so we all know the horrors of what smoking does for your body but what about the mental ramifications? Recent research has concluded that successful quitters are more satisfied with their lives and feel healthier, than those who continue to smoke. That's according to new research by Dr. Megan Piper, from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in the US, and her team.
Your Free Workout: Hills of Pain
Perform a thorough warm up of at least ten minutes, including mobility/stretches.
Then complete 30 reps of a leg exercise at the top and bottom of the Stairs or Hill
- Exercises are as follows:
FebFast Fundraising Update
Constantly giving back is an integral part of what jPT's about and like everything else in 2012 we're stepping it up!! Every 7 week term we'll be choosing a Charity to support. This term we're helping flatten bellies and sending Grog on a holiday for FebFast!
Monies raised will be distributed to organisations that reduce the impacts of alcohol and other drug related problems amongst young people.
Thanks to kind donations, Special Events and our Feb-Fast Team members. We are nearly at $1000 (blitzing our first goal of $400) Help us do good by supporting our efforts, you can;
Page 28 of 52